Automotive Axle Noise
Automated Test System for Automotive Gear Sets for Transmission Error & Axle Noise
When a Tier 1 automotive supplier required a production line test system to assess final drive transmission errors, they naturally called upon the expertise of Signalysis to deliver a solution.
Objectively Identify RootCause of Errors
Validate Functional Specifications, Ergonomics and Human Machine Interface (HMI)
Have a Minimal Impact on Production Time
An Automated Solution
Signalysis designed and developed an IQC™ test station that was integrated into the production line for 100% unit testing.
Quality Inspection System
The IQC station includes a computer control system, multi-channel data acquisition system, digital I/O interface hardware, accelerometers / automated placement devices and SigQC™ analysis software.
The system was integrated with a 3rd party test station to conduct 100% part inspection. The system acquired and processed running data, assessed pass/fail, and archived the pertinent data. The inspection station was installed at the earliest point possible in the assembly line to identify “bad” gear sets prior to full axle build.
- Confirms the test cell achieved correct speed and quasi-static running torque
- Calculates dynamic torque amplitude at mesh frequency for each steady state torque condition
- Calculates peak torque value at mesh frequency for torque sweep
- Compares torque amplitude to established limits to assess pass- fail limits
- Exports metric values to central manufacturing database for SPC activities
- Automatically processes data from different models (i.e., F/D ratios)
The Signalysis IQC test system met all test objectives enabling our customer to:
- Pinpoint and eliminate causes of errors
- Effectively validate aesthetic and functional specifications
- Minimize the impact on overall production cycle time
- Eliminate cost and objectivity associated with human inspection