Automotive HVAC Case Study
Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling systems are vital to today’s driving experience. With customer satisfaction tested with each push of a button, noise, vibration, and failure are not an option.
Develop a functional test system that cycles HVAC assemblies through all of their functions to validate quality.
Calling the Experts
The customer, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, called upon Signalysis to develop an automated quality test system capable of evaluating 100% of the manufactured units.
- Provide inspection for all manufactured HVAC units
- Meet cycle time requirements
- Store data in an SQL database by SN and time/date
- Provide daily production reports
- Serve Data for Statistical Process Control
Blowing away NVH Issues
Signalysis designed and developed a custom IQC™ test station providing the customer with the ability to:
- Equate subjective assessments to root cause
- Validate aesthetic & functional specifications
- Minimize production cycle time impact
- Eliminate the cost & subjectivity of human inspection
The IQC station included:
- A computer control system
- Multi-channel data acquisition system
- Digital I/O interface hardware
- Accelerometers / automated placement devices
- SigQC™ analysis software
Tests on each HVAC unit were conducted to detect defects in sound quality and functional specifications including: current, rpm, pressure, louver arc, and so on.
As a result of implementing the Signalysis IQC Test System, all test requirements were met. As a result the manufacturer could proceed confident that its own rigid quality standards, and lofty expectations of its customers, were not only met; but exceeded.